We detect and prevent rogue access points, rogue clients and endpoints from communicating over ad-hoc WiFi connections and prevent connections to “evil twin” and misconfigured access points such as private SSIDs without encryption.
Managed WIPS help prevent the six known threat vectors that could impact your Business:
- Rogue Access Points that allow Attackers to bypass perimeter security.
- Rogue Clients that deliver malware payloads to the network after connecting to malicious APs.
- Neighbour Access Point or Client Mis-association risk infection from connecting to other SSIDs while in range of the authorised Access Point.
- Ad-Hoc Networks use peer-to-peer connections to evade security controls and risk exposure to malware.
- “Evil Twin” Access Points lure users to connect to it so as to spy on traffic, steal data and infect systems.
- Misconfigured Access Points open networks to attack as a result of configuration errors.